woensdag 26 mei 2010

ERIC WOOLFSON


In 2009 verschenen 2 CD's en één DVD met werk van Eric Woolfson. Dat "Eric Woolfson sings The Alan Parsons Project that never was" zijn zwanenzang zou worden wisten blijkbaar alleen de intimi. Eric overleed op 2 december 2009, geveld door kanker. "The Golden Key" had destijds de opvolger voor "DON'T ANSWER ME" (1984, hoogste notering N° 7) moeten worden. Eric gebruikte het nummer dan maar voor één van zijn musicals, THE GAMBLER. Samen met Alan Parsons maakte hij tussen 1976 en 1987 10 TAPP Albums. Hun laatste wapenfeit samen was het album FREUD (1990). Voor zijn samenwerking met Alan Parsons schreef Eric nummers voor Marianne Faithfull, Chris Farlow, The Tremeloes, etc ... Mijn Pa maakte deze foto 't Gravensteen in Gent ...

GOLDEN KEY - LYRICS
When I was born, No silver spoon in my hand, No trumpet blew, No bells rang out in the land,

Nobody said life would be easy, Nobody promised me an island in the sun, (Sun, sun, sun),

For all my life, I've walked as tall as I can, Among the crowd, A small invisible man
I wasn't born to be a hero, I have to make the dream become reality, I know that somewhere there must be

A golden key, And a reason to believe, There is freedom in the air, And it's easier
to breathe, A golden key, That will open any door, And the truth that lies within, Is no secret anymore?

I fill my shoes, And walk wherever they go, A man of straw, For every wind that may blow

I have to take control of my life, I want the world to see, A different side of me, Unlock these chains and set me free

A golden key, To a castle in the air, And a heaven here on earth, Will be waiting for me there

A golden key, To the place I want to be, On an island in the sun, And the hero would be me

Don't want to live my life in silence, One taste of paradise, Is all there has to be, (All there has to be), All there has to be, (All there has to be), Set me free

A golden key, To a castle in the air, And a heaven here on earth, Will be waiting for me there

A golden key, And my life would be complete, With a crown upon my head, And the whole
world at my feet, The Golden Key

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten